Osteochondrosis is an ailment that accompanies humanity throughout its history. This disease is the cost of bipedal locomotion. Spinal pain occurs throughout life in 80% of the world's population. For many patients, they are a manifestation of the main symptom of intervertebral disc pathology. People are increasingly turning to folk remedies for osteochondrosis for safe treatment.
What is osteochondrosis
Dystrophic disorders in the intervertebral discs, leading to impaired blood supply and functions of the spine, are called osteochondrosis. Experts call this disease "rejuvenating": if earlier it was diagnosed in people over 45 years old, today, more and more often, thirty-year-old patients turn to vertebrologists (doctors specializing in the treatment of vertebrae).
The main symptom of osteochondrosis is the protrusion of the fibrous disc into the spinal canal. This leads to the destruction of the intervertebral ring, a decrease in the gap between the vertebrae, pinching of the nerve endings, accompanied by severe pain. The main causes of the disease:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- prolonged stress on the spine;
- violation of metabolic processes in the body;
- genetic diseases;
- excess weight.
Osteochondrosis can affect the cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine. You should urgently consult a doctor if the following symptoms of the disease appear:
- acute pain in the spinal column;
- numbness of the limbs;
- frequent muscle spasms and cramps;
- dizziness with a sharp change in body position;
- unpleasant tingling sensations - "goose bumps" on the back.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies
Degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs are accompanied by exacerbations that bring serious discomfort to the patient due to severe pain. How to treat osteochondrosis? Folk remedies are an additional method of treatment for drug therapy and are effective in the recovery period. Only when the exacerbation of the disease is eliminated under the supervision of experienced doctors, it is possible to use medicines according to prescriptions of naturopaths to inhibit destructive (destructive) processes, to regenerate damaged tissue of the musculoskeletal system.
Folk remedies are beneficial only with prolonged use. In the treatment of osteochondrosis, the following have proven themselves well:
- warming compresses with ointments made according to folk recipes;
- rubbing with tinctures with natural ingredients;
- ingestion of herbal decoctions;
- baths with the addition of medicinal solutions.
So that these measures do not harm the patient, you need to remember some of the rules for using folk remedies. You can't:
- Apply warming compresses to areas with swelling during an exacerbation.
- Take a hot bath for patients with hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Use folk remedies for "removing salts" from the body with osteophytes (growths on the surface of bone tissue), as this does not reduce deforming growth.
- Apply direct self-massage of diseased vertebrae.
For the treatment of osteochondrosis in folk medicine, herbs are used. You can use the pharmacy version of medicinal plants or prepare them yourself. To prepare a medicine for osteochondrosis, you need to take in equal proportions the plant material indicated by the recipe, pour hot water (at the rate of 1 tbsp collection spoon for 250 ml of water) and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the resulting broth. The best result is obtained with prolonged use (at least a month), half a glass daily.
Collection of herbs for osteochondrosis:
- Viburnum flowers, nettle, peony, cloudberry leaves, anise fruits, angelica stems, string, yarrow, poplar buds. Take every hour after meals.
- Any available plant parts are used: oats, St. John's wort, motherwort, pine (better - buds), lingonberry, blueberry, sage, milk thistle, mountaineer, lavender. The broth is drunk freshly prepared 6 times a day after meals.
- Calendula flowers, strawberries, birch leaves, any parts of chamomile. Take twice a day.
- Melissa, thyme, saber, plantain, rose hips (leaves). The broth is drunk daily 3 times, regardless of the meal.
The basis of ointments made according to the recipes of traditional medicine are oils, fats of vegetable and animal origin. Natural ingredients are able to quickly penetrate through the skin and muscle tissue to the damaged structures of the musculoskeletal system. Folk remedies for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine in the form of ointments:
- From bay leaves and juniper. Laurel essential oils are able to rapidly reach the affected areas of the bone tissue, stimulating blood flow, enhancing cell regeneration. Juniper enriches the place where the ointment is rubbed in with vitamins and microelements, restoring metabolic processes. To prepare a medicine you need:
- Powder dry bay leaves with a mortar and pestle. For this purpose, it is better to use non-metallic devices.
- Chopped juniper needles are chopped until a homogeneous green mass is obtained using a blender.
- Mix herbal ingredients with butter (1 tablespoon of all ingredients).
- Leave the resulting product for 12 hours to activate the biocomponents on the lower shelf of the refrigerator. Store in the same place. Rub the sore spots daily in the morning and in the evening.
- You can purchase a pharmacy collection or dry the plant yourself. Grind in any available way to a powder.
- Mix with pork fat in a 1: 1 ratio. In this case, the smallest plant particles should be evenly distributed over the fat base.
- Apply the ointment to the affected areas with massaging movements three times a day. Be sure to carry out the procedure before bedtime.
- Melt 150 g of pork fat in a water bath.
- Add 2 tbsp. spoons of beeswax.
- Simmer the mixture over the fire for 20 minutes, by which time it will become homogeneous.
- Mix the cooled base with 1 tbsp. spoon of ammonia, trying not to inhale its vapors.
- Transfer the ointment to a glass jar. Keep refrigerated.
- Rub the areas where pain is most felt daily (no more than 3 times).
- Beat the egg.
- Mix with 100 g of melted butter, pour in 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vinegar.
- Stir the ingredients to get a homogeneous mass.
- Transfer the drug to a ceramic or glass container. Keep refrigerated.
- Rub the areas affected by osteochondrosis with ointment before bedtime.
Folk remedies are effective for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine in the form of alcohol-containing rubbing. Alcohol is able to quickly warm up the soft tissues of the body, due to which the active components of medicinal products instantly penetrate to the area with damaged cartilage or bone structure. The medicine relieves pain and improves the regenerative, metabolic processes of the affected area.
Vodka, radish, honey, salt
Black radish and honey are actively used in folk medicine for the preparation of medicines for the treatment of colds, viral diseases and inflammatory processes of the respiratory system. These components also have a therapeutic effect in osteochondrosis, if they are part of an alcohol-based rubbing. To prepare an effective anti-inflammatory agent for dystrophic disorders of the intervertebral discs, you need:
- Wash the black radish, grate it finely without removing the peel.
- Mix 1. 5 cups of the resulting root vegetable mass with 1 cup of honey.
- Add 2 tbsp. tablespoons of table (iodized) salt.
- Pour in 100 ml of vodka, stir the ingredients well.
- Leave the drug for a day to infuse.
- Apply externally as a warming and pain reliever.
Ginger, ghee, garlic
Ginger and garlic are known for their rich composition of vitamins, trace elements, phytoncides (plant disinfectants), essential oil. Traditional medicines, which include these plants, relieve swelling and pain, promote the regeneration of body tissues. To prepare the grind you need:
- Separate the cloves of one head of garlic from each other and peel them.
- Use a knife to remove the skin from the ginger root. Its weight should be approximately equal to the weight of the peeled garlic cloves.
- Grate the ingredients on a fine grater.
- Add a little ghee to the resulting mass. Stir until smooth.
- Store the product in the refrigerator for no more than 7 days.
- Rub the sore spot as needed.
Grandma's rubbing for osteochondrosis
Older people know many ways to relieve inflammation in osteochondrosis using folk remedies. The recipe below is good for people who are not allowed to take oral pain relievers. The therapeutic effect occurs after 4-5 times of application. Rubbing has no contraindications, you can use it an unlimited number of times. Prepare a warming agent as follows:
- crush 10 tablets of analgin;
- mix the powder with 300 ml of medical alcohol;
- add camphor alcohol and iodine to the solution (10 ml each);
- rub on intact, clean, dry skin on an area of the body where pain is felt in osteochondrosis.
With osteochondrosis, baths with herbal infusions give a good therapeutic effect. Warm water with herbal decoctions has a relaxing effect on the muscles, is able to relieve spasms of soft tissues, tension in the spine. A patient with osteochondrosis feels relief due to the fact that the infusions of medicinal plants, getting through the skin into the body, relieve inflammatory processes, have anesthetic effect. Due to getting into a warm environment, normal blood circulation is restored.
An excellent pain reliever for osteochondrosis are baths with chamomile, pine and spruce needles, birch leaves. The ingredients can be used together or separately. To prepare the solution you need:
- Put 500 g of plant materials in a saucepan and cover with water so that it covers it by 10 cm.
- The composition is brought to a boil.
- Leave to infuse under the lid until it cools.
- Filtered, poured into the bath.
- The optimal procedure time is 15-20 minutes.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk methods involves the use of compresses based on herbal ingredients. The pain and inflammation accompanying this disease are relieved by heating the tissues, deeply relaxing them, activating blood circulation and delivering healing components with blood to the affected area of the body.
With osteochondrosis, it is recommended to put compresses at night. It is necessary to soak a cotton napkin with the prepared solution. Apply to a sore spot, wrap with plastic wrap and wrap with a warm scarf or blanket. It is believed that the therapeutic effect will be great if a burdock or cabbage leaf is applied instead of a film. The composition of the drug is recommended to be changed every 3 days. Recipes for mixtures for warming compresses:
- Mix honey, vodka and aloe juice in a ratio of 2: 3: 1. The resulting mixture should be insisted for 12 hours before use.
- Fill a 0. 5 liter glass bottle with ¾ ripe elderberries and rubbing alcohol. Keep for 7 days in a dark place. Strain before use.
- Finely grate potatoes, mix with liquid honey (1: 1). Keep for no more than 2 hours.
- Knead a not very steep dough of flour (200 g) and water. Leave it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 2 days. Lubricate the sore spot with turpentine, cover with a dough cake, wrap. Keep until a burning sensation appears. Repeat the procedure every other day. The dough can be used 3 times, then another cake is made.
Horseradish leaf compress is an effective remedy against osteochondrosis. The plant contains a huge arsenal of useful substances that can remove toxins and salts from the body. A freshly cut leaf is used for the compress. It is immersed in boiling water for a few seconds. Place between a double folded towel to remove excess moisture. Apply the sheet to the sore spot with the smooth side (always warm). Immediately covered with plastic wrap and wrapped in a woolen scarf. The compress is left overnight.
The healing properties of salt have been known to the Chinese and Hindus for a long time. Later this knowledge began to be used in Europe. Folk remedies for the treatment of osteochondrosis with salt:
- Salt baths. 5 kg of salt is dissolved in boiling water. The brine solution is poured into the bath (150 L of water at 38 ° C). A 30 minute treatment can relieve pain. After the bath, it is advisable to drink medicinal tea and go to bed.
- A mixture of salt and soda. Coarsely rub half a bar of brown laundry soap. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 3 teaspoons of salt and 100 ml of vegetable oil heated in a water bath. Stir the ingredients until smooth and leave in a dark, warm place for 3 days. The resulting mixture is lubricated in places where pain is most felt in osteochondrosis. The course is 2 weeks. After 5 days, treatment can be continued.
- Salt application with kelp. Salt is dissolved in water (ratio 12: 1), 2 briquettes of dried seaweed are added. Insist 30 minutes. The tool is used in the form of a compress at night.
- Rubdowns (wraps). Add 1 tbsp to 1 liter of water. a spoonful of salt, boil, cool. The procedures are carried out using a napkin (diaper) moistened with warm saline solution.
Folk remedies for internal use
To combat osteochondrosis, there are many folk remedies, from which the sufferer can choose the appropriate method of treatment. One of the best ways to treat dystrophic disorders in the intervertebral discs is to take natural medicines by mouth. Meals for this should be fractional: 5-7 times a day. Below are some of these recipes:
- The recipe described above for making rubbing from radish, honey, salt and vodka is also suitable for ingestion, 1 teaspoon three times a day, 20 minutes before meals. The course is 7 days. The best therapeutic effect is achieved with the simultaneous application of the agent externally and internally.
- Pass the parsley root (250 g), its herbs (100 g), lemon with peel (250 g) through a meat grinder. Combine ingredients in one bowl. Add 300 g of honey to the mixture. Mix well. Keep refrigerated. Apply 1 tbsp. spoon one hour before meals for 30 days.
- Grind in equal parts young asparagus beans, tricolor violet grass, birch buds, bearberry leaves, corn stigmas. Pour a tablespoon of the herbal mixture with boiling water and leave in a lidded container for 20 minutes. Take an infusion of 3 tbsp. spoons 2 times a day, regardless of the time of meals for 14 days. Prepare a fresh portion every day.
- Remove the green crust from the watermelon, dry it in the oven, grind to powder. Take before meals with water: the first week - half a teaspoon twice a day, the second - 1 teaspoon, the third - 1 teaspoon three times a day.
- Chop 3 kg of walnut kernels and put in a jar, pour 500 ml of vodka, leave for 2 weeks at room temperature. Use the tincture 1 teaspoon a day at any convenient time.
- Boil a glass of chopped sunflower roots in 3 liters of water for 5 minutes. Consume 100 g before meals. Store the broth in the refrigerator. You need to drink it in 3 days. The course is 3 weeks.
- Put 4 currant leaves in a thermos, pour 500 ml of boiling water, leave overnight. The liquid must be drunk in 1 day. Course - month.
- Dry dill seeds (1 glass) pour 500 ml of vodka. Insist 10 days. Drink 1 tbsp for a month. spoon daily before meals.
- Crush the chopped woodlice herb in a mortar until the juice is released. 1 tbsp. pour a spoonful of raw materials with 250 ml of boiling water. Insist half an hour. Divide into 2 servings. Drink daily for a month.