Back pain is a symptom of over 20 diseases. These are cardiovascular and nervous diseases. To establish an accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to consult a neurologist, a cardiologist, pass some tests and undergo examinations. After the diagnosis is established, treatment should be started immediately, as delay can aggravate the situation.
Back pain can appear in the spine, under the scapula, under the ribs and in the lumbar region.
Pain in the spine is also of different localization:
- neck pain;
- chest pain;
- back pain;
- pain in the pelvic area;
- tailbone pain.
Pain sensations can be local or radiate to the limb, under the shoulder blade, to the shoulder.
Patients characterize their pain as aching, shooting, stabbing and baking. This mainly refers to pain in the chest and lower back.
Back pain causes
With many diseases of the spine and pinched nerve endings, the back can hurt. But, these diseases often and for a long time do not make themselves felt. Pain appears in the case of a provoking factor, in which the disease seems to wake up from hibernation. Then you need to take painkillers and treat the disease itself.
Causes of pain
- Long-term muscle tension.
- Severe physical overload.
- Prolonged unchanged body position. A person sits or stands for a long time, without changing the position of his body, without doing a warm-up.
- Spine injury.
- Hypothermia of the body.
What contributes to back pain
- little physical activity;
- incorrect lifting of weight;
- unsuitable furniture that causes spinal discomfort;
- hormonal disbalance.
Diseases that cause back pain
- Osteocondritis of the spine.
- Myositis of the muscles of the spine.
- Radiculitis in the lumbar region.
Symptoms of diseases that cause back pain
Osteocondritis of the spine
This is an inflammation of the intervertebral discs, in which their deformation occurs.
The pain in osteochondrosis is aching, which does not allow for a long time to endure physical activity. Painful sensations subside at times and appear again under unpleasant circumstances. In severe cases, a herniated disc develops. Back pain gets worse. The patient is temporarily unable to work.
Myositis of the muscle fibers of the back
The aching pain increases with a deep breath or when moving. It happens that pain does not allow a person to fall asleep. Sometimes the temperature rises slightly, the patient shivers. Sore muscles thicken and hurt when palpated.
It causes continuous aching pain. The pain is worse when the person is breathing deeply, sneezing, or coughing. The pain seems to girdle the spine, radiating between the ribs. When palpating, the muscles are not tense, but painful. Together with intercostal neuralgia, pain occurs from angina pectoris and myocardial infarction. In this case, the pain radiates to the heart.
With inflammation of the lumbosacral spine, pain can be given to the leg or to the gluteus muscle. Muscle spasms occur. Aching pains are interrupted by shooting pains. With such severe pain, the patient is unable to move and just sit still.
During an attack of neuralgia, he becomes numb from painful shock. It happens that with pain there may be numbness, burning sensation or a small tingling sensation. The people called this condition a lumbago.
How to treat back pain caused by diseases of the spine?
- With pain, the patient needs to move as little as possible.
- Sleep on a comfortable, firm mattress.
- Take anti-inflammatory drugs, they are released in pills and ampoules. For severe pain, injections are given. The ointment should be applied not only to the site of pain dislocation, but also to the surrounding tissues. An ointment containing bee or snake venom is used only on the place that hurts.
- Preparations with a warming effect. They improve blood circulation and relieve pain. The use of mustard plasters also helps.
- Physiotherapeutic procedures such as electrophoresis and ultrasound help. Sometimes acupuncture is used.
- For severe back pain caused by sciatica or neuralgia, analgesics are taken. Or they make a blockade of novocaine.
- B vitamins are prescribed in the form of injections. Then you can take pills.
Back pains are caused by diseases of the internal organs. An accurate diagnosis can only be established by a doctor with a thorough examination.
How to treat back pain in remission:
- special exercises;
- an orderly work and rest regime;
- inadmissibility of heavy physical;
- treatment in a sanatorium;
- the use of B vitamins. They improve nutrition in inflamed tissues and relieve them.
- the use of anti-inflammatory drugs;
- with a hernia of the spine, an operation is sometimes prescribed in the neurosurgical department.
Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. In order to avoid diseases of the spine, the following rules must be observed.
- Monitor your posture
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- To live an active lifestyle.